Sunday, September 28, 2008

Baby Shower Fun

On Saturday 9/20, our family & friends were kind enough to throw us a huge baby shower. Our guests were so incredibly generous with gifts for tadpole. I want to thank everyone for their kind words (I didn't hear a single..."you are so freaking fat"). It was great to catch up with some of our friends that we have not seen since our wedding. Thank you again for sharing such a special day with us!

Here are a few pics from the shower. In case you couldn't guess, I am the fatso in the black dress. I know you are supposed to be nice to preg women....but someone should have told me that my dress looked like a mumu!!! Oye.

My husband - aka bartender

Shower guests

Crazy gift table

Ursa helping to unwrap gifts




Tadpole Cake (including an alligator!)


Steve and I want to specifically thank Sarah, Chelly, Amy, my mom, Steve's mom & Tina for all of their hardwork pulling this together. It was a day we will never forget. Thank you so much!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love the cake! I am so sad that I missed your shower. I am still working on tadpole's cocoon. His hat all is finished. If you want to see what a cocoon is, hop over to my blog and look at the pictures of CC. She's in a pink one. Tadpole's will be blue. I'm doing my best to get it there before his birth. They like to be snuggled in these things.

I wonder if Ursa will be as helpful with diaper changes??