We knew the pole had a gift for magic during the first 24hours of his life. The hospital had a "baby low jack" system which included a small transmitter strapped tightly to their leg. If someone was to run away with the kid, the alarm would sound. The pole had a unique gift of wiggling out of the lowjack. He could be fully swaddled, and someone the low jack would magically pop out of his swaddle and onto the floor. The nurses were pretty impressed.
Last night I put the pole to bed, with his head at the end closest to the door. He slept all night (amazingly!!), and when I went to get him this morning around 6am, his feet were where I had placed his head.
I asked Steve if he picked him up last night and he said no. I told him to come and check out his son. The pole laughed and laughed while we stood there scratching our heads. I guess its time to lower the crib a notch before Houdini learns how to pull himself up and over the side!
Last night the pole had his 2nd teething biscuit, and it was a huge hit. We tried giving him one a few weeks ago and he hated it (although Ursa was thankful for the leftover treat). Yesterday he went to town on it. After about 5-10 minutes of him sucking on it, I noticed a little corner had broken off and was on his lap. I picked it up and decided I should inspect the rest of the biscuit before he gnawed it down to nothing. Oops! Too late! He had managed to break it in half, and was sucking on a huge triangle shaped piece. I took it away and he had a meltdown. Thankfully it blew over pretty quickly.
I keep forgetting to write his current foods....so here is a list of what tadpole's eating:
Fruit: apples, pears, bananas, apples w/ apricots, and apples with blueberries (his fav)
Veggie: carrots (his fav), sweet potato, squash, corn w/squash, peas (least fav unless mixed with carrots)
We have a couple of new ones to try: apples w/ strawberries, peas w/brown rice, apples w/ bananas and oatmeal ( or something like that), spinach and potatoes, and green beans.
We have the 6month checkup this Thursday. I will be taking the pole by myself (his dad has a golf game). Hopefully his Dr is still good with skipping the baby cereal. The pole HATES rice cereal. (who can blame him?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment