We have been playing a game called "big boys sit up". The pole lays down, grabs our thumbs and tries to pull himself up to a sitting position. While he's laying down we say "babies lay down..." and then will give him a little tug and say "but BIG BOYS sit up!!!". He starts laughing and tries to sit up. He gets so excited when he's sitting.
The past day or so I have noticed that when I am sitting down and burping the pole over my shoulder, he is pushing on my legs with his feet as if though he is trying to stand.
Last night Steve asked me to sit the pole up so he could lotion his back after his bath. I grabbed underneath his arms to pull him to a sitting position. Instead of bending his legs, he kept them straight and started laughing that he was standing up butt naked. He stood up (supported of course) for a good minute or so, giggling while his daddy rubbed lotion all over him.
I should also mention that the pole HATES being on his stomach. He has no use for it whatsoever. The Dr said its not a big deal b/c he has great head control. I made the mistake of putting him on his belly a few days ago. His arms and head were floating in the air. He looked like a cross between superman and a baby seal. He held it for a minute, and then started screaming until he was purple in the face. (I hope the pole is not plotting against us to skip crawling and move straight to walking. I need to buy some baby gates!!!!)
One more tidbit....he is now wearing the same size diaper as his cute 2 year old cousin. He's only 3 months old!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment