Why?
Because Mommy Woj had a bit of a scare this afternoon.
This past weekend we drove across the state to visit the in-laws for Easter. The holidays are the worst time of year to make this journey, because everyone else in New England is making the same trip. What should normally take ~1hr, ends up taking ~3-4 hrs. Compound that with an angry 17 month old, a cranky large dog and an endless loop of horrible children's songs....needless to say its a long weekend.
I snuck out of work 30 minutes early so I could swing by the grocery store before picking the pole up from school. (No food in the house from the weekend visit...the pole's school may consider it abuse if I send ritz and cheese for lunch every day). Once I picked up the pole and got him home, I threw on a "Harry the Dirty Dog" cartoon to occupy him for 5 minutes so I could get the groceries inside. I let Ursa out of the backdoor, and locked the screen door so the pole could not escape. (This weekend he learned how to open door handles with the long stick handle). I ran outside for TWO MINUTES to grab the groceries. As I tried to balance the bags and turn the doorknob, I realized the door was not budging. I threw the bags down and frantically started jiggling the door knob. On the other side of the door, I hear a faint "knock knock knock". The pole had locked me out of the house!!! I was only anticipating a 1-2 minute run outside, so stupid me, I left my keys and cell phone on the kitchen table.
I ran to the fence and realized there was no way I would be able to scale the 6 foot pointed top fortress without an assist. My car was too far away to use as a stool. (Can't remember if I wrote about that before....but this is not my first time being locked out of the house with the pole trapped inside....although this time it was his fault not mine!).
Thankfully there was a construction worker next door with a ladder. I borrowed it, fell over the fence, and ran to the back door. I was trying to mentally prepare for ripping a hole in our new screen door when I gave the door handle a jiggle....it opened!!! The pole had unlocked the back door. I ran back to the front door and there he was....turning the deadbolt.
Ugh. Mommy needs a nap.





2 comments:
Naughty little nephew! I have a feeling him and Logan will be partners in crime!
OMG! We are definitely related, hahahahahaha! I'm so sorry though. I know that you must have been terrified that he would do something to hurt himself while you were locked out. What a stinker. At least he unlocked the back door.
Post a Comment