Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Home Update - Having fun with Dick and Jane!!

We have hired a surveyor and architect (yay)! The surveyor is scheduled to come out this Friday to wrap things up. And we dropped off the check for the architect yesterday. Hopefully we will have our first sit down with her late this week/early next week.

Looking for an architect was alot harder than I expected. I love the one we choose (great price & is willing to meet our schedule). Some of the others were nuts. One guy was a total jerk, and he gave us a quote of $15-18k. For that price, I will go get the freaking degree myself. Another guy blew us off for 2.5wks, and then emailed us on Friday saying that he could see us on Saturday morning, but he might have another obligation. Why don't people understand how important customer service is?

I also really like the surveyor. He has been incredibly responsive. I keep getting quotes from the other slowpoke surveyors, and we clearly made the right choice.

BTW - I kid you not. Our architect is named Jane, and our surveyor is Dick. Like the book said, we are having "Fun with Dick and Jane!"

No comments: