Pole's sickness continued yesterday afternoon. I got a call ~12:45pm that he had been screaming ever since I left ~10am. :(
I picked him up from school and he seemed pretty happy. That all changed rather quickly once we got home. The poor little guy refused to nap. He would doze off, cough, and then wake up screaming. We repeated this cycle ~200 times. Steve came home around 4 and helped out. We gave him a bath at 6, he drank a bottle, and we thought he might actually go to bed. No such luck.
The pole was crying in his crib, so Steve went in and rubbed his belly. After a few minutes, the pole started coughing and Steve sat him up in the crib. A few seconds later...BLLLAAAHHHHHH. The kid threw up everywhere. It was unbelievable. Thankfully he seemed to feel a little better, and had a good laugh while we tried to remove his yucky pj's and sheet.
We tried to put him in the swing, hoping that he would relax and fall asleep. Instead, he reached backwards and grabbed the swing stand. He started swing himself side to side like an ape.
Finally Steve broke down and brought the big carseat into our bed. Once in the carseat, it only took a few minutes of a head massage before the pole passed out. He actually slept through the night which was really nice.
He seemed a little better this morning, but once he got to school the wheezing kicked in. I ran home and got the gas mask....hopefully a couple of doses will fix him today.
Pole learned a new trick. He makes himself throw up when you try to give him tylenol. Thankfully he is a little piggy....so we mixed it in his fruit and he gobbled it up. (same thing with the antibiotic)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
The poor baby cabbage! I hope he feels better soon. Nursa is ready to take care of him when he gets home from school.
In case anyone is wondering Nursa = Nurse + Ursa
I'm so sorry that he was sick. I'm glad that he seems to be feeling better!
Post a Comment